If you’re not currently growing food, or just getting started on your food growing journey, our new school assembly programme could be just for you.
Over the summer, the Food Growing Schools: London team have been beavering away to get a fun, engaging and informative assembly ready to be delivered in schools this autumn term. The idea is that the assembly is taken into schools that are yet to enjoy all the benefits of food growing, so that we can inspire teachers and pupils and make it even easier to get started.
The short assembly is linked to the curriculum, suitable for all ages and can be tailored for the needs of your school. It will get your pupils thinking about where our food comes from, why food growing is important and what can be grown within the school gates. Team the assembly with our free tips and resources and we’ll have you growing your own in no time at all!
Interested? Book your free school assembly – and receive:
- A free visit from the FGSL team
- An invitation to our Celebration Event at City Hall to learn more about food growing– 13 October 2016
- An invitation to join the FGSL Growathon – and 54,000 pupils in London already growing food!
- School staff and volunteer training
- Free food growing resources – growing cards, activity sheets and more!
*To book, simply complete this very short survey
and we’ll do our best to get an assembly arranged for you or will add you to our waiting list for later in the team when the team may have more availability,
Here’s to food growing this term!