What else is available?
Holiday garden care
- Holiday care of the garden (Activity sheet A17)
- Setting up a watering rota (Activity sheet A23)
- See checklist for holiday care of the garden below, T6:
Checklists and record sheet
- Checklists and record sheets (T1 to T8)
Celebrate food growing and learning English with curriculum activities. Choose from a huge range of books for Early Years:
- Food in picture books - reading list (download PDF)
- Feast and Famine Booklist (Centre for Literacy in Primary Education - PDF download)
With synopses for books including:
- Dominic Grows Sweetcorn by Mandy Ross and Alison Bartlett
- I will not ever never eat a tomato by Lauren Child
- Oliver’s Vegetables by Vivian French and Alison Bartlett
- Picnic by John Burningham
- We're Going on a Picnic! by Pat Hutchins
- The World Came to My Place Today by Jo Readman and Ley Honor Roberts
- The Tiger Who Came to Tea by Judith Kerr
- Competitions and Funding - food growing doesn’t need to cost the earth. Find out about a range of exciting competitions, offers and funding that will kick start your growing and help you to celebrate your school food growing success: Competitions
- Community Support - don’t go it alone. Discover the growing community around you - local authorities, volunteers and businesses on your doorstep who can give your school food growing support. Find support in your borough: Support, including Corporate Volunteering via Corporate Connect.
- Career development for young people - visit our Careers webpage to find information and inspiration about careers in horticulture for young people, including 'Grow' - THE place for information on careers, courses and jobs in horticulture.